Aug 20, 2010

meh . . .

 . . . that's what day 3 was.  Total meh.  Low energy, didn't feel like doing anything, had to stay in the house, (well, chose to stay in the hose due to the thick smoke enveloping our entire city).  They say day three can be the worst and if that's true then bring on the next seven days baby!  Really, it wasn't that bad, though I did come closer than ever to quitting this thing. 

It seems that the evenings are the hardest to get through.  It could be because I'm so used to sitting at home at night, snacking and drinking, or it could e because I'm not doing enough with my time at home.  I sort of look forward to going back to work just so I'll have something to do during the most tempting hours. 

So far, day 4 seems much better and I'm happy with myself for not throwing in the towel yesterday.  My energy is back.  I'd even say that I have more energy than I do when eating solid food.  I read that this happens but it's really hard to believe until it happens to you. 

Soon the workweek will be over and that means the sultry-intoxicating smell of BBQs wafting through the air.  I think the weekend may be tough, though I haven't yet craved a beer.  This is out of character for me as I normally crave beer continuously throughout the day.  I'm quite happy with this development as one of my goals in completing this cleanse is to rid myself of the last vestiges of the young-adulthood alcoholism that most Canadians seem to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment